Thursday, May 1, 2008

Barack Obama


Amy and I got to go see Barack Obama speak at Penn State Behrend on April 18th. It was a MUCH nicer day than when we went to go see Hillary, and an all together pleasant experience. It was also great to get to play hooky from work.

Sen. Obama held a townhall meeting, spending most of his time answering questions from the audience, which I loved. It was great to have an opportunity to see someone in person answering questions that pretain to our local community.


Got to get pretty up close and personal. I didn't get a hand shake or anything, but I thought this was pretty close.


And of course, got a book signed.

I'm feeling so lucky that in a place like Erie, I was able to see both democratic candidates in less than 3 weeks. This election is so exciting, I've never felt like as a Pennsylvania voter that I've had much to influence in the presidential primaries -- it feels fantastic to be able to make a decision, cast a vote, and see how it influences what's going to happen.

great stuff.

No comments: